Welcome to our Introduction to Security Course. This course is designed to to walk you through the many complicated ideas and concepts that are used in the blockchain space. No matter who you are, or what role you play in a blockchain project, you can benefit from having an understanding of security.
As we move through the courses, you will be exposed to many new concepts and ideas. While some concepts are rather simple and considered common sense, others are complex and cannot be simplified without specific understanding of a few key concepts.
We are going to attempt to break down the content to a more comprehensive idea that most people can visualize. Some content items are strictly explaining concepts or ideas, while other will require you to set up a lab Virtual Machine so that you can perform the task yourself.
Here are some of the topics we will discuss in this course. We will build from basic information, and apply that information to more advanced topics.
- Why is security important to everyone
- What kinds of security are used in blockchain technology
- What types of network devices are used in blockchain
- Why we need to deploy secure networks in blockchain
- What are the top issues blockchain projects face
- What are the fundamental parts of a blockchain company
- What does security mean to investors
Some helpful items that you may want to setup or have an basic understanding in are listed below. Knowing what these tools are or how to use them in the basic means will make it easier to complete each course.
- File Transfer Protocol ( Or called FTP , for free client use filezilla)
- Putty.exe ( This is the secure shell client for connecting remotely to servers )
- Virtual Machines ( VirtualBox, VMWare, Hyper-V These are used in labs )
- Linux Operating System Commands ( Debian, Ubuntu, Kali : CHEAT-SHEET)
- Firewalls and Antivirus/Anti-Malware ( Windows Firewall, PFSense)
If you have little experience or are new, we will help guide you through the basic usage of these tools during the courses which require the use of the tool.